St Canice`s CentenaryPrint Page
Plaque commemorates the centenary of St Canice`s Catholic Church.
The foundation stone for St Canice’s Church was laid in June 1903. This handsome brick Church was opened on the 12th June 1904 by Bishop Dunne. It was built at a cost of 603 pounds with funds from local donors. The walls are 356mm (14 inches) thick and the church seats 200 people.
|Address:||Millthorpe Road, St Canice`s Catholic Church, Millthorpe, 2798|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.440505|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||June-1903|
|Approx. Event End Date:||June-2003|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 1st June, 2003|
On Sunday 1st June 2003
THE CENTENARY OF
ST CANICE`S CHURCH MILLTHORPE
WAS CELEBRATED BY
BISHOP PATRICK DOUGHERTY
WITH THE MILLTHORPE