www.monumentaustralia.org.au

150th Anniversary of St Anne`sPrint Page Print this page

26-May-2019
26-May-2019

Photographs supplied by Heather Stevens

The marble tablet erected in 1977 commemorates the 150th anniversary of the building of the nave of the church as a chapel-schoolhouse in 1826-1827. It became a church and was named St Anne`s in 1838.

Location

Address:44 - 46 Church Street , St Anne`s Anglican Church, Ryde, 2112
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.815534
Long: 151.104158
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1827
Approx. Event End Date:1977

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1977
Front Inscription

To commemorate the 150th anniversary of the building of the nave of this church as a chapel - schoolhouse in 1826 - 27.

It was known as the Field of Mars or Kissing Point schoolhouse until 1838 when it became a church and was named St Ann.

 

Source: H, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design