www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Laying of the Foundation StonePrint Page Print this page

15-April-2019
15-April-2019

Photographs supplied by John Huth
The plaques commemorate the laying of the foundation stone of St Paul`s in December 1855.

Location

Address:Yaldwin Street West & Powlett Street, St Paul`s Anglican Church, Kyneton, 3444
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.245018
Long: 144.449539
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event STart Date:28-December-1855
Actual Event End Date:28-December-1855

Dedication

Front Inscription

St Paul`s Kyneton

This commemorates the laying of the foundation stone by the Right Rev. G. Perry, Bishop of Melbourne. Dec. 28. 1855

Opening of the church Nov. 30. 1856.

Consecration of the Church Dec. 3. 1862.

Completion of the tower and its dedication by the Right Rev. D. Baker, Bishop of Bendigo, Feb. 18. 1928.

Donald Haultain  Rector

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design