www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Holy Trinity Centenary Service Print Page Print this page

18-June-2019
18-June-2019

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown

The marble plaque commemorates the Holy Trinity Centenary Service which was held on the 21st March 1976. The foundation stone of the church was laid on the 10th April 1875 and the first service was held in the church in 1876. 

The church has historical significance to the city of Dubbo dating back to 1875. The church was designed by Edmund Blackett, the builder of the church was W. Moffit at a cost of £ 3,500 and the stone used in the construction was quarried near the Macquarie River in West Dubbo. The building took 12 months to complete and the first service was held on 19th March 1876 when Bishop Samuel Marsden from Bathurst was present for the occasion.

Location

Address:158 Brisbane Street, Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Dubbo, 2830
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.248052
Long: 148.604475
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event STart Date:19-March-1876
Actual Event End Date:19-March-1976

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 21st March, 1976
Front Inscription

    TO COMMEMORATE
THE CENTENARY SERVICE 
       21st MARCH 1976
IN THE PRESENCE OF
THE GOVERNOR OF N.S.W.

SIR RODEN CUTLER 
V.C., K.C.M.G., C.B.E., K. ST.J
            

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design