www.monumentaustralia.org.au

50 Years of Service by the Ladies GuildPrint Page Print this page

13-July-2017
13-July-2017
Photographs supplied by Bryan Cole
A plaque commemorates 50 years of service by the Ladies Guild of the Wesleyan Chapel.

 

Location

Address:87 Hicks Hill Road, Wesleyan Chapel, Cherry Gardens, 5157
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -35.071398
Long: 138.646857
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 16th March, 1986
Front Inscription

This church was opened as the Cherry Gardens Wesleyan Chapel on 26 March 1849

Isaac Jacobs abd Henry Feild were amongst the early trustees.  The church was built by John Weymouth and its first minister was the Rev. Natahiel Bennett.

The plaque commemorates 50 years of service by the Ladies Guild of this church and was unveiled on 16 March 1986

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design