www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of the Dedication of the Five Western BaysPrint Page Print this page

20-September-2016
20-September-2016
Photographs supplied by John Huth

The plaque commemorates the centenary of the dedication of the first five western bays of the Church.

Location

Address:Herries & Ruthven Streets, St Luke`s Anglican Church, Toowoomba, 4350
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.565285
Long: 151.953126
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event STart Date:14-February-1897
Actual Event End Date:14-February-1997

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 16th February, 1997
Front Inscription

      This plaque was unveiled
                 on
      16 February 1997
                 by

The Most Reverend Peter J. Hollingworth A.O., O.B.E., M.A.,
Eighth Archbishop of Brisbane

at a service commemorating the
Centenary of Dedication
of the first five western bays of the Church of St Luke, Toowoomba,
              on
Septuagesima Sunday, 14 February 1897,
               by
The Right Reverend William T. T. Webber D.D.,
    Third Bishop of Brisbane

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design