www.monumentaustralia.org.au

First Methodist Church in MerewetherPrint Page Print this page

12-June-2016
12-June-2016
Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
A plaque commemorates the centenary of the establishment of the first Methodist Church in Merewether in 1856. 

Location

Address:178 Glebe Road, Merewether Uniting Church, Merewether, 2291
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.938203
Long: 151.752036
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1856
Approx. Event End Date:1956

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:25-30 September 1956
Front Inscription

1856 - 1956

Merewether Methodist Centenary

Commemorating the first Methodist Church in Merewether established on Glebe Hill in 1856 by Rev. William Clark of the Wesleyan Methodist Cenference was celebrated with combined Circuit services in this church and Park Street Merewether Beach Church from 25th to 30th September, 1956.

Guest Preachers
Rev.J.W. Dixon, Rev. A.W. Preston, Rev. Dr. R.G. Davidson, Rev. W.R. Wrightson. 

Centenary Committee
C.H. Barfoot, A.H. Burgess, R.H. Moore, G. Whalen, W.C. Willis

 

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design