www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Dedication of New Church Bell Print Page Print this page

09-March-2016
09-March-2016

Photographs supplied by Peter Williams
A plaque commemorates the dedication of the new bell and the founding members of the church. 

Location

Address:Lot 13 Monaro Street, Wyndham Uniting Church, Wyndham, 2550
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -36.929561
Long: 149.647184
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 21st October, 2007
Front Inscription
THIS PLAQUE HAS BEEN MADE BY THE BRONZE BELL DONATED TO WYNDHAM PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH BY ROBERT TURBET 1821 - 1894
THE BELL HUNG ABOVE WYNDHAM PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH BUILDING 1889 -1977 AND FOLLOWING THE CHURCH UNION IN 1977 ABOVE WYNDHAM UNITING CHURCH. THE BELL WAS DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR IN THE FIRE THAT DESTROYED THE 110 YEAR OLD BUILDING ON 20/12/1999.
FOUNDING MEMBERS IN 1861 WERE ROBERT TURBET, ARTHUR NEWTON, HENRY GRANT, JOHN GRANT, THOMAS BEARE AND THE MODERATOR OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH. 
COMMEMORATION IS MADE TO THE VISION OF THOSE FOUNDING MEMBERS OF LONG AGO. ALSO THE REVEREND JAMES LAWSON FORBES AND THE FAMILY LINKS IN THE NAMES OF TURBET, GRANT, ROBERTSON, ROBINSON AND GOLDBERG
MANY OTHERS HAVE SUPPORTED DOWN THE YEARS, TO TAKE THE VISION OF WYNDHAM UNITING CHURCH INTO THE 21ST CENTURY WITH A NEW CHURCH BUILDING DEDICATED 13/9/2003. 
THE UNVEILING OF THE PLAQUE ON 21/10/2007 MARKS THE DEDICATION OF THE NEW BELL. 


 
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design