www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Pioneer Women of St Mark`sPrint Page Print this page

03-May-2015
03-May-2015

Photographs supplied by Arthur Garland

The communion table commemorates the pioneer women of St Mark`s Church.

The communion table of Tasmanian blackwood was made in a Launceston factory for St. Mark's Church of Deloraine. The logs were cut in 1939. and the wood was prepared at Coogan's factory, Invermay, where all the work on the table was carried out. It matches other wood work in the church. The designer was Mr. J. Leonard; Mr. O. Poxon was cabinet-maker, Mr. H. Campbell did the turning, and the polishing was carried out by Mr. R. Fitzpatrick. The work occupied two months. It will be taken to Deloraine next week, the communion table will be dedicated next month by the Vicar-General (Archdeacon H B. Atkinson), who is deputising for the Bishop of Tasmania (Rt. Rev. G. F. Cranswick). Funds for the purchase were raised the Women's Guild in memory of pioneer women of St. Mark's Church. 
Examiner (Launceston, Tas.), 15 May 1948.

Location

Address:East Westbury Place, St Mark`s Anglican Church, Deloraine, 7304
State:TAS
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -41.525021
Long: 146.660326
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Religious Object
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Monument Designer:Mr J Leonard

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:June -1948
Front Inscription

To the Greater Glory of God
& in memory of the Pioneer Women
of St. Mark`s 
Presented by the Women`s Guild, 1948

 

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design