Centenary of the Belcher FountainPrint Page
Plaque on the fountain commemorates the centenary in 1974 of the gift of the fountain to Geelong by G. F. Belcher, who was the Mayor of Geelong in 1874-1875. The Belcher Fountain was imported from Italy and donated to the people .
|Address:||Gheringhap & Malop Streets , Geelong, 3220|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.146202|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1874|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1974|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||1973|
Presented to the town of Geelong by G. F. Belcher, Mayor 1875-4
1874 1974 To commemorate the centenary of this gift to the citizens of Geelong by G.F. Belcher, Esq.