Rotary Club of Queanbeyan Print Page
Tree planted to commemorate the formation of the club on the 15th March 1952.
More than 220 persons, including representatives of 17 country Rotary clubs attended the charter presentation of the newly-formed Queanbeyan Rotary Club on Saturday night. First part of the inauguration ceremonies was the planting of four trees, by the Rotary district governor, Dr. B. T. Dickson, past district governor, Mr. Harold Jones, the President of the Canberra Club, Mr. W. Turner, and the President of the Queanbeyan Club, Mr. D. Campbell, in the Queanbeyan Park. Later a dinner was held at the Queanbeyan Showground, at which Dr. Dickson presented the charter in an impressive ceremony. In his presentation speech, Dr. Dickson told members of the Club that they had been chosen because they were leaders in business in their district. The formation of the new Rotary Club proved their leadership.
Canberra Times (ACT), 17 March 1952.
|Address:||Lowe Street, Queanbeyan City Park, Queanbeyan, 2620|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.3525|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 15th March, 1952|