Windsor RSL SpeedwayPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the history of the speedway which operated in Windsor between the 3rd of October 1949 and the 10th of November 1968.
Large crowds would flock to the venue for the Sunday race meetings, all divisions raced at the speedway including Solos, Sidecars, Midgets, Sedans, Hot Rods and Supermodifieds.
The flat dirt race track consisted of a 650 yard outer track as well as a 440 yard inner layout that used the same straights but shorter corners. The track allowed faster racing with wide open spaces and it was typical to see three or even four vehicles racing abreast.
Windsor RSL Speedway hosted the first through to the third Australian Hot Rod Championship being 1962-1963, 1963- 1964 and 1964-1965.
|Address:||Sovereign Place, Windsor, 2756|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.620278|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-October-1949|
|Actual Event End Date:||10-November-1968|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 28th July, 2002|