www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Doctors, Nurses, Staff, Hospital Committee & Ladies AuxiliaryPrint Page Print this page

04-May-2019
04-May-2019
Photographs supplied by Chris McLaughlin
The plaque commemorates the work of the doctors, nurses, staff, Hospital Committee and Ladies Auxiliary in the New Willewa community.

Location

Address:Red Cliffs - Meringur Road, Werrimull, 3496
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.386986
Long: 141.598593
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 1st October, 1995
Front Inscription

This was the site of the doctor`s residence

The Bush Nursing Hospital 1927 - 47 where hundreds of children were born, was on the north west corner of this twonship block.

We remember with gratitude the work of the doctors, nurses, staff, Hospital Committee and Ladies Auxiliary in the New Willewa community.

Plaque unveiled on 1. 10. 1995 by Dr. Winton Phillips (Mildura) who was resident doctor at Werrimul from 1938 - 41.

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design