www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of The Armidale School - Portico LightPrint Page Print this page

14-August-2018
14-August-2018

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The Portico Light commemorates the centenary of The Armidale School from 1894 to 1994.

The Armidale School (abbreviated as TAS) is an independent Anglican co- educational early lesrning, primary and secondary day and boarding school located in Armidale, on the New England Tablelands of northern New South Wales, Australia.  Administration of the schools is formalised as a company limited by guarantee that operates under the Corporations Act.

Founded in 1894 as the New England Proprietary School, its name was changed to The Armidale School in 1896. A year later TAS, as it is now widely known, joined the Association of Great Public Schools of NSW and today is the only non-metropolitan member.

Location

Address:87 Douglas Street, Chapel,The Armidale School, Armidale, 2350
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -30.520192
Long: 151.672393
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Technology
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community
Approx. Event Start Date:1894
Approx. Event End Date:1994

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1994
Front Inscription

PORTICO LIGHT

To Commemorate The
School`s Centenary
1894 - 1994

A Gift From The
Ancillary Staff Of 1994

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design