www.monumentaustralia.org.au

75th Anniversary of Lions InternationalPrint Page Print this page

21-January-2017
21-January-2017

Photographs supplied by Arthur Garland

The memorial walls were erected by the Lions Club of King Island to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Lions International. The walls feature a series of plaques dedicated to those who were lost at sea.

Lions Clubs International (LCI) is an international non-political service organization established originally in 1917 in Chicago, Illinois, by Melvin Jones. It is now headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois. As of March 2016, it had over 46,000 local clubs and more than 1.4 million members (Lions & LEO) in more than 200 countries around the world

Location

Address:Edward Street, Lions Park, Currie, 7256
State:TAS
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -39.928561
Long: 143.845396
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community
Approx. Event Start Date:1917
Approx. Event End Date:1992

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Monday 27th January, 1992
Front Inscription

These Memorial Walls Were Erected By
The Lions Club Of King Island
To Commemorate The 75th Anniversary
Of Lions International.

Dedicated  27. 1. 92   Sister Marjorie Boutchard
                                    Rev. Janet Gaden
                                    Lion President Bernie Shacklock  
                                         1991 - 92

Left Side Inscription

 

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design