www.monumentaustralia.org.au

50 Years of North Caloundra Surf Life Saving ClubPrint Page Print this page

24-July-2016
24-July-2016

Photographs supplied by Russell Byers

A plaque commemorates 50 years of service by the North Caloundra Surf Life Saving Club. The club is now known as the Dicky Beach Srf Lifesaving Club. 

In 1950, the club commenced with two-story fibro structure on the headland near the Neil Street Rocks. The club changed its location after the original club house burnt down on 21 February 1976 and is now located at the beach end of Coochin Street.

The plaque mentions incorrectly that the first clubhouse was burnt down in November, 1974. 

 

 

Location

Address:Lower Neill Street, Dicky Beach, Caloundra, 4551
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -26.784803
Long: 153.140488
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community
Approx. Event Start Date:1950
Approx. Event End Date:2000

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 2nd September, 2000
Front Inscription

50 Years Commemoration Plaque
2nd September, 2000
North Caloundra
Surf Life Saving Club
First Clubhouse Erected On This Site
1950 - 1951 Season
Destroyed By Fire November, 1974

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design