www.monumentaustralia.org.au

National Trust VolunteersPrint Page Print this page

07-January-2014
07-January-2014

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The tree was planted in honour of the past and present volunteers of the Tasmanian Branch of the National Trust of Australia. The tree was planted in 2010, the 50th anniversary of the National Trust of Australia (Tasmania). 

The National Trust of Australia (Tasmania) is a community based member organisation responsible for the protection and presentation of historic heritage places. 

The Trust has been operating in Tasmania since 1960 and was formed to acquire The Hollies (Franklin House), a fine late Georgian house built in 1838 on the outskirts of Launceston. Through the work of the Trust a number of significant heritage properties throughout the state now belong to the Tasmanian community and are able to be enjoyed by locals and visitors.

Through the support of its members and volunteers, the National Trust has played a critical role in advocating for Tasmanian heritage places that would no longer be here without its intervention on behalf of the community. This included the recording and classification of heritage places which is now carried out by Heritage Tasmania.

Location

Address:234 Clarendon Station Road, Clarendon House, Nile, 7212
State:TAS
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -41.631803
Long: 147.282376
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Tree
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:2010
Front Inscription

2010 marks the 50th anniversary
               of the
National Trust of Australia (Tasmania) 
This tree was planted in honour of our
past and present volunteers.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design