St Aidan's Anglican ChurchPrint Page
St Aidan's is a war Memorial Church.
In March 1946, the Vestry of Christ Church decided to launch an appeal for funds to build a church necessary in the rapidly growing Strathmore area of the Parish. The intention was for the Strathmore Church to be a memorial from Christ Church for all who have served in the war and as thanksgiving for the blessings of victory and peace. The first service at St Aidan’s Church, Strathmore, was held on 26th October, 1947.
|Address:||24 Williamson Avenue, Strathmore, 3041|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.739364|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 26th October, 1947|