St Mary's Marist Brothers College War Memorial GatesPrint Page
Gates commemorate former students who served in World War Two.
The War Memorial Gates were opened by the Governor, Sir John Lavarack on the 17th September 1950. A plaque bears the names of former students who served in the Second World War.
The Courier-Mail, 16th September 1950.
|Address:||Grevillea Road & Girraween Grove, Marist College Sports Ground , Ashgrove, 4060|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.442763|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 17th September, 1950|
These gates are dedicated to the memory of old boys who served in World War II
1939 - 1945
World War II
[ Names ]