St David`s Memorial BellPrint Page
A bell commemorates four "local airmen" and all those airmen and airwomen, some 200,000 veterans in all, who passed through the Bradfield Air Station. The bell was originally part of the Bradfield Air Station located at West Lindfield and after the war the bell was moved to the West Lindfield Uniting Church which was located where the Air Station Guard house stood.
In 1983 the West Lindfield church was closed and the bell transferred to St David's.
|Address:||Pacific Highway & Provincial Road, St David`s Uniting Church, Lindfield, 2070|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.773056|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
This Church stands on the site of the Guard House at the
entrance to Bradfield Air Station occupied during World War II.
The bell from the station is here
preserved in honoured memory of:
F/S Jack Newnham F/O Eric Richardson
P/O Roy Richardson P/O Ronald Wildman,
Local airmen who paid the supreme sacrifice
and all other Airmen & Airwomen who passed through the station.
"LEST WE FORGET."
installed in this tower in 1985,
together with the Plaque above,
were moved from the
West Lindfield Uniting Church
Cnr Bradfield Road and Moore Avenue
following closure of that Church
on 2nd October 1983.