St Mary`s War Memorial WindowsPrint Page
The memorial windows in the Sanctuary depicting "The Annunciation" and "The Nativity" were dedicated in memory of those who gave their lives in World War Two. The windows cost ₤52 and a tablet was also erected containing the names of those who made the great sacrifice.
The windows were dedicated in the church by the Administrator of the Diocese, Archdeacon Robinson on the 31st August 1947. The windows were placed in position by Mr J. Reid of Mount Morgan who had made the rood screen which formed the memorial for the First World War.
Morning Bulletin (Rockhampton), 3rd September 1947.
|Address:||11 Gordon Street, St Mary`s Anglican Church, Mount Morgan, 4714|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -23.646497|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Brooke , Robinson Pty. Ltd ( Melbourne)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 31st August, 1947|