St Paul`s War Memorial (Window)Print Page
The War Memorial consists of two stained glass windows with chivalric motifs of Sir Galahad and Saint George representing victory over evil. The Women's Guild of the Church was instrumental in organising the memorial to those from the parish who lost their lives in World War Two.
In 1952 a special service was held to dedicate two windows, the cost for stained glass windows and installation was over 400 pounds. In the lower sections of the glass of both windows are recorded the names of fourteen men of the parish who died in the conflict.
On Sunday, November 9 in St. Paul's Presbyterian Church, Walcha, at 4.30 a special service will held at which two stained glass war memorial windows, installed as a memorial to those who fell in World War 11, will be unveiled and dedicated. The windows have been designed and installed by Standards Glass Studios of Sydney, and will be dedicated by Rt. Rev. Charles Keir, Presbyterian Moderator at this service. A special invitation is extended to former members and friends in the district to attend.
Armidale Express and New England General Advertiser (NSW),
31 October 1952.
|Address:||8 Hill Street East, St Paul`s Presbyterian Church, Walcha, 2354|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -30.981434|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Monument Designer:||Standards Glass Studios (Sydney)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 9th November, 1952|