New Guinea & Papua New Guinea Volunteer Rifles Honour BoardPrint Page
New Guinea & Papua New Guinea Volunteer Rifles Honour Board honours those who served in World War Two and in the unit from 1951 to 1973.
The New Guinea Volunteer Rifles (NGVR) was an infantry battalion of the Australian Army. It was initially raised as unit of the Militia in New Guinea upon the outbreak of Second World War in 1939 and saw active service against the Japanese during the conflict before being disbanded in 1943. Following the war the unit was re-raised as Papua New Guinea Volunteer Rifles (PNGVR) in 1951 as part of the part-time Citizens Military Force, and it served in this role until it was disbanded in 1973 shortly before Papua New Guinea's independence.
|Address:||1001 Boundary Road, New Guinea & Papua New Guinea Volunteer Rifles Museum, Wacol, 4076|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.589024|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||2010|