www.monumentaustralia.org.au

460 Squadron (RAAF)Print Page Print this page

02-April-2011
02-April-2011

Photographs supplied by Glen Yeomans

The Plaque commemorates the personnel who served in 460 Squadron, RAAF during World War Two. The plaque location is indicated by the red poppy in the second image. 

No. 460 Squadron is a Royal Australian Air Force intelligence unit active within the Defence Imagery and Geospatial Organistaion (DIGO). It was first formed as a heavy bomber squadron during World War Two on 15 November 1941 and disbanded on 10 October 1945 after seeing extensive combat over Europe. The squadron was a multinational unit, but most personnel were Australian. 

 

Location

Address:Fairbairn & Limestone Avenues, Captain Reg Saunders Courtyard, Australian War Memorial, Campbell, 2612
State:ACT
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -35.280646
Long: 149.148222
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW2
Actual Event Start Date:03-September-1939
Actual Event End Date:15-August-1945

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 1st April, 2000
Front Inscription

460 SQUADRON (RAAF)
BOMBER COMMAND

A Grateful Tribute To
All Those Who Served On
This Australian Squadron
     During The
Second World War, 1939 - 45

Operations flown 6,264  
Killed in action 1,019  
Decorations awarded 363

Lest We Forget

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design