Redbank Plaza War MemorialPrint Page
A monument commemorates the forces who trained at Redbank during World War Two.
The Redbank Camp was home to the first Queensland fighting unit to be established for the Second Australian Infantry Force, the 2/9th Australian Infantry Battalion, with work starting on the camp in 1939 after World War Two was declared. The Redbank Camp represented all branches of the Army including: cavalry, artillery, machine gun, anti-tank, transport, medical staff and the Australian Lighthorse, as well as playing host to the American troops later on in the war.
|Address:||Collingwood Drive, Redbank Plaza Shopping Centre, Redbank, 4301|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.605874|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
TO THE ETERNAL MEMORY Of The Thousands Of Members Of The 2ND WORLD WAR 1939–1945
Who Trained At Redbank Camp Before Sailing For Overseas -
Many Of Them To Pay The Supreme Sacrifice For Their Country
And In Tribute To 8th Australian division.
LEST WE FORGET
Dedicated To All Past, Present And Future Members Of Redbank Sub-Branch RSL,
Formed In 1934 At Redbank,
Lest We Forget.
Dedicated To Those Who Served
2nd Australian Women's Hospital
1943 / 1944
Transferred To Yeronga
The Salvation Army
In Recognition By All Members Of The Armed Services For Their Contribution In All Theatres Of War During The 2nd World War
Thank God For The Salvo`s