Moreton Central Sugar Mill Honour BoardPrint Page
Moreton Central Sugar Mill Honour Board honours those who served in World War Two.
In the presence of some two hundred people the honour board provided by the Mill's Welfare Club as a tribute the employees now in the fighting services was unveiled at the Moreton Central Mill by Mr W Whalley, a Director of the Company on the 10th October 1943. The honour board contains some 78 names of members of the Services one of whom is associated with the Women's Auxiliary Air Force. All the principal art work on the board is fashioned in gilt and includes a facsimile of the Moreton Mill building as well as appropriate wording on either side of the honour board . Mr A.P. Dowd was responsible for the printing of the names and the other artistic treatment of the silky oak board.
Nambour Chronicle and North Coast Advertiser, 15th October 1943.
|Address:||Matthew Street, RSL Club, Nambour, 4560|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -26.624069|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Monument Designer:||Mr. A. P. Dowd|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 10th October, 1943|