Coolangatta War MemorialPrint Page
Coolangatta War Memorial commemorates eight servicemen and women who died in service or were killed in action during World War Two. The memorial was located outside the Council Chambers which were located in Griffith Street and unveiled in 1948. It is unknown when the memorial was relocated to Goodwin Park.
On the 11th June 1946, the Coolangatta Town Council approved the erection of a war memorial by the Coolangatta Patriotic Committee to the fallen of World War Two. The memorial was to take the form of a base with a drinking fountain on which the names of the fallen would be inscribed. The memorial was to be erected in front of the Council Chambers.
The Courier-Mail, 12th June 1946.
|Address:||Carmichael Close , Goodwin Park, Coolangatta, 4225|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -28.171235|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
1939 - 1945
THEY FOUGHT AND DIED
All Ex-Service Women
who served their country
in time of war
"LEST WE FORGET"