No. 7 Elementary Flying Training SchoolPrint Page
A monument commemorates those who served at the No 7 Elementary Flying Training School at Western Junction from 1940 to 1945.
In 1939 the Royal Australian Air Force (R.A.A.F.) took over the field at Western Junction and it became the Number 7 Elementary Flying Training School. Extra strips were built at Nile, Annandale, Quorn Hall, and Valleyfeld. Civilian control of the airport resumed in 1946.
|Address:||201 Evandale Road, Launceston Airport, near carhire carpark , Western Junction, 7212|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -41.54455|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||August-1940|
|Approx. Event End Date:||August-1945|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 21st June, 1992|
This memorial is dedicated to those persons who served or trained at No. 7 Elementary Flying Training School, Western Junction, now Launceston Airport, from its establishment in August 1940 until disbanded in Aug 1945.
Unveiled by Group Captain M. Cottrell D.F.C. Director of Support Services Logistics Command
21st June 1992
R.A.A.F. Association Tasmania Division