Memorial Gates & PlaygroundPrint Page
The Memorial gates and playground commemorates those from Murray Bridge who served in World War Two.
Monument Characteristics :
The Memorial Gates consist of a metal gate and a sandstone fence on each side.
The Governor, Sir Robert George, and Lady George, were given a civic welcome here today. in a colorful ceremony at the West Parklands Playground, Sir Robert declared open the memorial gates. Then the vice-regal party called at the RSL clubrooms. where Sir Robert met local ex-service men and women.
The Mail (Adelaide), 8 May 1954.
|Address:||Third Street & West Terrace, , Murray Bridge, 5254|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.118878|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 8th May, 1954|
In commemoration of those who fell, and to all those who gave service. World War 1939 - 1945.
This playground and these gates were provided by the Corporation of the town of Murray Bridge
These Memorial Gates and Park were opened on the 8th May 1954 by His Excellency Air Vice Marshall Sir Robert Allingham George, K.C.V.D., K.B.E., C.B., M.C. Governor of South Australia