Minlaton District War Memorial Hall of MemoryPrint Page
The Minlaton District War Memorial Hall of Memory building was erected in memory of those who served in World War Two.
The War Memorial Hall of Memory was part of the original hospital, which is now used as a nursing home. The entrance is no longer used and has been left in its original condition.
A proposal that a new wing should be added to the Minlaton District Hospital within the next three to five years at an estimated cost of £10.000, has been enthusiastically supported by local residents. At a public meeting, presided over by the chairman of the dis trict council (Councillor H. Bennett), the council agreed to give £2,500 towards the project, and voluntary subscriptions are expected to raise a similar amount. Subsidised on a pound for pound basis by the State Government, this sum will enable the new building to function free of debt. The meeting decided that the new wing would constitute the district's 1939-45 war memorial.
The Advertiser (Adelaide), 27 August 1947.
|Address:||South Terrace, Melaleuca Nursing Home, Minlaton, 5575|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.773761|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|