Lock & Tooligie Districts Honour BoardPrint Page
The Lock and Tooligie Districts Honour Board commemorates those who served in World War Two.
At a function arranged by the Lock-Tooligie sub-branch of the R.S.L. at Lock on Saturday last, the Honour Roll, presented by the public of the Lock-Tooligie district, was unveiled in the presence of a representative gathering. The president of the local sub-branch (Mr. R. G. Preece), supported by the vice president (Mr. C. Cabot) thanked the public and introduced Mr. K. L. Matheson (president of Port Lincoln sub-branch), who performed the unveiling ceremony. After the speakers had thanked the public for providing the Honour Roll to perpetuate the memory of those who enlisted from the district, Mr. E. W. Heron responded. The honour roll, containing the names of 67 who enlisted, six of whom paid the supreme sacrifice, has been hung in a prominent position in the entrance to the hall.
Port Lincoln Times (SA), 12 September 1946.
|Address:||Railway Terrace (Tod Highway), Lock Institute, Lock, 5633|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.565654|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 7th September, 1946|