Hallett Memorial GatesPrint Page
The Hallett Memorial Gates were erected in memory of those who served in World War Two. The gates were officially opened by Brigadier Eastick on the 22nd February 1953.
After a delay of nearly three years the Memorial Gates have at last been completed. They were erected as a tribute to all who served from this district in World War Two and are situated at the entrance to the Recreation Ground. The Gates are swung on massive pillars. The whole effect is magnificent and is a splendid entrance to the oval. The Gates will be officially opened shortly by the State President of the R.S.L.
Burra Record (SA), 20 January 1953.
|Address:||Richards Street & West Terrace, Hallett, 5419|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.409637|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1952|
ERECTED TO THE MEMORY OF THOSE WHO SERVED IN WORLD WAR II 1939 - 1945. UNVEILED 1952