www.monumentaustralia.org.au

St Stephen`s HarriersPrint Page Print this page

A window commemorates members of the St. Stephen`s Harriers who served in World War Two.

Note: St Stephens Harriers was formed from a group of young lads who were members of St Stephens Church of England, Richmond, Bible Class who were looking for a recreational sport to occupy their spare time.   Parents vetoed football too rough, cycling equipment too expensive, tennis lack of courts, so athletics was the sport adopted. At a meeting held in March 1908, St. Stephens Harriers was formed and office bearers were elected.  On 31st May 1991, members of St. Stephens Harriers and St. Stephens Women’s Athletic Club Inc. agreed to an amalgamation of the two clubs and a new combined club to be known as St. Stephens Harriers Athletic Club Inc. was formed.  ​

Location

Address:360 Church Street, St. Stephen`s Anglican Church , Richmond, 3121
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.822476
Long: 144.998345
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW2
Actual Event STart Date:03-September-1939
Actual Event End Date:15-August-1945

Dedication

Front Inscription

Commemorating The Men Of St. Stephen`s Harriers Who Served In The 2nd World War 1939 - 45

Source: MA,SKP
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design