Mlawa MemorialPrint Page
Memorial to Jews who were exterminated in the town of Mlawa in Poland during World War Two. About 7000 Jews were killed. At the outbreak of World War Two there were about 6500 Jews in Mlawa. At the beginning of November 1939, the Germans destroyed all the synagogues in Mlawa and the vicinity.
The first deportation took place on December 6th, 1940, when 300 Jews were deported to Miedzyrzec Podlaski, Lubartow and Lublin; they shared the fate of the Jews there. The ghetto was established on December 7th-8th, 1940, and liquidated two years later on November 24th, 1942. The last deportations took place from November 10th, 1942, to December 10th, 1942; almost all the Jews were deported to Treblinka death camp. The Jewish community of Mlawa was not reconstructed after the war.
|Address:||College Crescent, Melbourne General Cemetery, Parkville, 3052|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.791667|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||06-December-1940|
|Actual Event End Date:||10-December-1942|
|Monument Designer:||Simon Kessel|