Waterholes Remembrance GardenPrint Page
Waterholes Remembrance Garden was created to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the end of World War Two. It is spread over an acre of land beside the Great Western Highway and contains several individual monuments and plaques.
There is a large slate rock and plaque commemorating the 50th anniversary of the end of World War Two and also a plaque commemorating the 60th Anniversary of the end of World War Two. Towards the rear of the area, there is a symbol for each of the 3 services - an anchor, a howitzer gun and propeller. Beside these is a black marble plaque presented by Mt Druitt Sub-Branch RSL Saying 'LEST WE FORGET'.
|Address:||Great Western Highway, Mount Druitt, 2770|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.777011|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||15-August-1945|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1995|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1995|