Cowra Australian-Italian Friendship MemorialPrint Page
Cowra Australian-Italian Friendship Memorial is a polished red granite wall on a three-stepped polished black granite base. In the centre of the wall is an aperture in which are two bronze arms shaking hands.
The Cowra Italy Friendship Monument was officially opened on Australia Day 1998 to celebrate the Italian link to Australia. In particular it was erected in recognition of the Italians prisoners-of-war and Internees held Cowra during World War Two.
|Address:||Lynch & Kendal Streets, Fred Arnold Park, Cowra, 2794|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.835278|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Granitex Pty. Ltd.|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 26th January, 1997|
"May We Never Forget
The Price Of Peace"
SEBASTIANO MONUMENT MAYOR BRUCE
GALAZZO ORGANISER MILLER
DEDICATED TO OUR
26TH JANUARY 1997
In Memory Of Australian And Italian
Service Personnel Who Died During WWII,
To Those Who Worked And Were Interned
At The Cowra Prisoner Of War Camp
And In Recognition And Appreciation
Of The Very Significant Cultural,
Social and Economic Contributions To
Australian Society By The Italian People.