Braidwood Memorial Swimming PoolPrint Page
Braidwood Memorial Swimming Pool commemorates those who served in World War Two.
In March 1958 a meeting was called by the Chamber of Commerce to consider the construction of a swimming pool. There was concern about the number of drownings in local streams and it was thought there ought to be a place where children could be taught to swim. The Servicemen's Club advanced a loan of £5,400 which, with the money already collected, was sufficient to begin construction in September 1963. It was opened for use in January 1965 and dedicated as a memorial to all who served in the 1939-1945 war on 5 February 1966. The unveiling ceremony was performed by the Hon. P.H. Morton.
|Address:||Wilson & Wallace Streets, Ryrie Park, Braidwood, 2622|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.441386|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 5th February, 1966|
BRAIDWOOD MEMORIAL SWIMMING POOL
THIS POOL AND FACILITIES HAVE BEEN
ERECTED BY TALLANGANDA SHIRE
COUNCIL WITH MONIES DONATED BY
LOCAL CITIZENS AS A MEMORIAL TO
THOSE WHO SERVED IN WORLD WAR
1939 - 45