www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Alumny Creek Public School & District Roll of HonourPrint Page Print this page

03-July-2016
03-July-2016

Photographs supplied by John Johnston

A wooden honour roll commemorates those who served in World War Two.

The museum contains a Heritage Room, featuring individual photographs and profiles for every soldier listed the Honour Roll. 

The Alumny Creek Public School opened in 1872, a one teacher school conducting lessons from kindergarten to 6th form. The school closed in 1969 and is now a public museum depicting the typical one teacher school of the 1930’s era. The former teacher’s residence also forms part of the museum. 

Originally the school locality was officially named Alumy Creek however at the time the school opened in 1872 the spelling Alumny was in common use, even used in official road signage etc. at that time. Therefore the school was officially named Alumny Creek Public School.  While the locality has now reverted to the original spelling (Alumy Creek), the School,  because it was originally named Alumny Creek Public School, has retained its original spelling.

Location

Address:465 Lawrence Road, Alumny Creek Public School Museum, Alumy Creek, 2460
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -29.642908
Long: 152.949932
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Honour Roll
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW2
Actual Event STart Date:03-September-1939
Actual Event End Date:15-August-1945

Dedication

Front Inscription

Alumny Creek

Public School & District

Roll of Honor

For God, King & Country

[ Names ]

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design