St Andrew`s Church War Memorial Gates Print Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by John Huth

St Andrew`s Church War Memorial Gates commemorate those from the parish who served in World War Two.

In an impressive ceremony on Sunday morning, the Bishop of Grafton (Right Rev. C. E. Storrs) dedicated the war memorial gates leading into the grounds of St. Andrew's Church of England, Lismore. The dedication followed a special service in the church, which was crowded. After the service, the congregation gathered around the gates for the ceremony. One brick pillar was draped with the Union Jack and the other with the Australian flag.
Tweed Daily (Murwillumbah, NSW ),14 October 1947. 



Address:Zadoc Street, St Andrew`s Anglican Church , Lismore, 2480
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -28.805397
Long: 153.279684
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Gates
Monument Theme:Conflict
Actual Event STart Date:03-September-1939
Actual Event End Date:15-August-1945


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 12th October, 1947
Left Side Inscription
These Gates Were Erected
To The Glory Of God And
In Memory Of All Men And
Women Of This Parish Who
Served In World War II
Right Side Inscription
To The Glory Of God And
In Solemn Memory Of Those
Of This Parish Who Gave
Their Lives In World War II
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design