Oxide Street Church Roll of HonourPrint Page
Commemorates those from the Oxide Street Church who served in World War One.
The Honour Roll of the Oxide Street Methodist Church was officially unveiled by Mr George Sykes on the 12th August 1917 and contained the names of 21 men from the congregation who had enlisted in World War One. A further name was to be added at a later date. At the time of the unveiling none of those listed had paid the supreme sacrifice. Mr Sykes was the donor of the roll to the church and Mr Hawke was the decorator and writer.
Barrier Miner (Broken Hill), 15 August 1915.
|Address:||230 Blende Street, Sulphide Street Station Railway & Historical Museum, Broken Hill, 2880|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.958116|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 12th August, 1917|
Oxide St Church
Roll of Honor
For King & Country
[ Names ]