www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Katandra & District Memorial HallPrint Page Print this page

30-September-2016
30-September-2016

Photographs supplied by Chris McLaughlin

The plaque unveiled at the former site of the Katandra & District Memorial Hall which was originally opened in 1924 by Colonel Murray Bourchier to commemorate those who served in World War One.

Note:  The Hall used to be located on Marungi Road between Cosgrove Road and the Goulburn main channel. 

Location

Address:Marungi Road , Katandra North, 3634
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -36.199232
Long: 145.625155
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW1

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 11th November, 2012
Front Inscription

At this site the Katandra and District Memorial Hall was raised to honour those who served in the Great War 1914 - 1918

Inspired by the vision of soldier settlers and grateful residents

Funded by local donations to serve as a meeting place and sporting centre

Opened 19th September 1924 by Col. Murray Bourchier C.M.G., D.S.O., M.L.A. KDHG

2012
 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design