Robertstown Peace InstitutePrint Page
The Robertstown Peace Institute was built to commemorate the signing of peace in 1919.
October 7. On Saturday afternoon the foundation-stone of the new Peace Memorial Institute was laid. Ideal weather conditions prevailed, and there was a large attendance. The desire to see the hall completed is very great, and much enthusiasm prevailed. The contractors, Messrs. Woollacott & Pearse, are making progress rapidly.
The chairman of the Peace Hall committee (Mr. A. W. Farley) addressed the gathering. He outlined the history of the movement in connection with the erection of the hall, and referred in eulogistic terms to the splendid service rendered by many previous residents. In naming the hall "The Robertstown Peace Memorial Institute," they considered they were naming it wisely, as it was being built not only to supply a long felt want, but for it to commemorate the signing of peace, and to be a means of making the people more united in spirit.
Chronicle (Adelaide), 14 October 1922.
|Address:||Commercial Street, Robertstown, 5381|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.989523|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||Messrs. Woollacott & Pearse|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 7th October, 1922|