Killara Uniting Church Honour Roll (Congregational Church) Print Page
Killara Uniting Church Honour Roll commemorates members of the former Congregational Church who served in World War One.
The opening and dedication of the new Congregatlonal Church at Killara took place on Saturday afternoon, there being present about 400 members of the congregation and friends. The new church (an illustration of which was published in the "Herald" on Friday last) has been erected as a memorial to the members of the Church who served in the war. The opening ceremony was performed by Mr S. T. Greenwell (senior deacon of the church), who was accompanied by his daughter. The roll of honour, situated in the porch of the church was unveiled by Professor Sir Edgeworth David who, in an eloquent address extolled the virtues of the splendid men who never shrank from doing their duty in the days of storm and stress. Professor David paid a tribute not only to the men who served, but also to the splendid devotion of the women. The bronze honour roll contains twenty-five names, including those of A. F. Fry, D. B. Fry, D. S. Matheson, A.C. Nutter, F. A. Rea, E.J. Roberts, L. Rossbach, and W. E. Rossbach who paid the supreme sacrifice.
The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW), 7 April 1924.
|Address:||Karranga Avenue & Arnold Street, Killara Uniting Church, Killara, 2071|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.764494|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
For God And Liberty
Men Beloved Of God Whose Memory Is Blessed.