Methodist Church Sunday School Roll of HonourPrint Page
Commemorates past and present scholars of the Methodist Church Sunday school who served in World War One.
The Honour Roll draped with the Union Jack, was dedicated at the Sunday service on 31st March 1918 conducted by Reverend T Collins. Reverend Collins read the fifty names on the roll and his address was taken from 2 Samuel 22: 23-28.
The Honour Board is mounted on the east wall and was built by George Freeman, a member of the congregation. The carvings were probably done by his wife and complement the carving on the pulpit.
Monument Characteristics :
Wooden construction; carved decoration which complements the carved decorations on the communion rail and pulpit. The honour roll has gold lettering.
Note:- Information supplied by Daylesford Uniting Church
|Address:||Duke Street & Central Springs Road, Daylesford Uniting Church, Daylesford, 3460|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.344067|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Designer:||George Freeman|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 31st March, 1918|
FOR KING AND COUNTRY
1914 ROLL OF HONOUR 1919
PAST & PRESENT SCHOLARS OF OUR SUNDAY SCHOOL METHODIST CHURCH
L. Angwin C. Barber T. Dunhill C. Mair
J. Mair R. Kutcher G. Anderson R. Green
B. Peacock A. Anderson W. Buchanan R. Verey
A. Anson E. Buchanan F. Guest J. Boddinnar
E. Rowe R. Warren W. Boddinnar H. Berriman
C. Pearce J. Clogan R. Densem C. Freeman
J. Clayfield S. Harvey H. Trembath R. Dickson
H. Lawry F. Pretty A. Hinchcliffe W. Lawry
A. Pretty L. Hinchcliffe C. Reynolds L. Quick
M. Hoath H. Reynolds G. Murphy H. Sibbison
C. Kinsman C. Sibbison E. Leipold C. Mellor
A. McBride J. Borlace W. Wardle H. Pescott
A. Rodgers H. Smith