St John`s Presbyterian Church Honour BoardPrint Page
Commemorates those from the church who served in World War One.
The St John's Presbyterian Honour Roll was originally unveiled on the 19th December 1915 and contained the names of 48 men and 3 women who had gone from the congregation to serve the Empire. The unveiling was performed by the Moderator of the Presbyterian Church (the Right Rev.W. H. Hooper). The Argus, 20th December 1915.
In November 1916, a second honour board was unveiled which conatined the names of 50 more men as well as the names of ladies who had enlisted as nurses.
|Address:||Mount Alexander Road & Buckley Street, St John`s Church, Essendon, 3040|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.756981|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 19th December, 1915|
St John's Presbyterian Church
Roll of Honour
For God And Humanity
For Right Against Might