Cranbury Rifle Club Memorial TabletPrint Page
Cranbury Rifle Club Memorial Tablet commemorates those from the district who died in service or were killed in action during World War One.
A very impressive service was held at the Cranbury Methodist Church on Sunday, the 11th inst., when Rev L. M. K. Mills unveiled a memorial tablet erected in the church by members of the Cranbury Rifle Club, in memory of five riflemen who had made the supreme sacrifice, four of whom were members of the Cranbury Club. The church was fittingly decorated with flags, the tablet being veiled with a large Union Jack. The congregation was fully representative of the surrounding district and the seating accommodation of the church was taxed to its utmost, a good number of returned soldiers being present. The tablet is of marble, mounted on polished oak, and is the work of McMurtrie and Co., Orange, the workmanship leaves nothing to be desired.
Canowindra Star and Eugowra News (NSW), 23 April 1920.
|Address:||Canowindra Road, Cranbury Uniting Church, 27km from Canowindra, Cranbury, 2800|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.401111|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Monument Designer:||McMurtie & Co (Orange)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 11th April, 1920|