All Saints Anglican Church Roll of HonourPrint Page
A white marble roll of honour commemorates those from the parish who enlisted in World War One.
HONOR ROLL AT ALL SAINTS'. At All Saints' Church, Parramatta North, on Sunday afternoon, there was a large attendance at a special service connected with the unveiling of the roll of honour recently erected in the church (containing the names of the men of the parish who have so far enlisted for active service in defence of Empire and the cause of justice, truth and civilisation). The service was presided over by the rector, the Rev. T. Hilhouse Taylor, and the ceremony of the unveiling was performed by the Ven. Archdeacon Davies, M.A. (principal of Moore College). The honour board, which is a most handsome one — of marble (supported with colored marble columns) — is erected on the southern side of the nave, just behind the font, and under the edge of the gallery.
Cumberland Argus and Fruitgrowers Advocate (Parramatta, NSW), 29 December 1917.
|Address:||Victoria Road & Elizabeth Street, All Saints Anglican Church, North Parramatta, 2151|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.809494|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 23rd December, 1917|
FOR KING AND EMPIRE