Wyandra War MemorialPrint Page
Wyandra War Memorial includes a Digger statue and was erected to commemorate those from the district who enlisted in World War One.
Wyandra, a western township 61 miles from Charleville, with a population of 170 persons, has its soldiers' memorial, a splendid monument having been erected in the main street in memory of the boys of the town who fell, and others who fought so nobly in the late great war. A large number of residents and people from surrounding stations attended the unveiling function. The statue bears the figure of an Australian soldier. The unveiling was done by Mrs John Moody, known as Wyandra's fine grandmother, and Mrs Frazer. Mr A. H. Leeds, Mr. Jno (sic) Moody and others spoke on behalf of the citizens. The event was a decided success.
Darling Downs Gazette (Qld), 18 February 1921.
|Address:||Macks & Warrego Streets, Wyandra, 4489|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.247385|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Manufacturer:||A. L. Petrie & Sons (Toowong, QLD)|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||February-1921|