West End Clock Tower War MemorialPrint Page
West End War Memorial Clock Tower including the chimes and memorial tablet was erected in memory in memory of the men from Kurilpa who enlisted and gave their lives during World War One.
The clock and chimes were erected by the Kurilpa Ladies War Memorial Committee in the Municipal Library Tower in Boundary Street , West End. They were unveiled by Mr J.P. Fry, M.L.A. on the 21st April 1929 and dedicated by Chaplain Lieutenant -Colonel D. S. Brumwell O.B.E. The President of the Kurilpa Ladies War Memorial Committee, Mrs J.P.Fry then placed a wreath of poppies at the foot of the tower and unveiled the honour roll of 80 names.
The Brisbane Courier, 22nd April 1929
|Address:||178 Boundary Street, Kurilpa Library, West End, 4101|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.482395|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 21st April, 1929|