St George Memorial HospitalPrint Page
The St George Memorial Hospital was originally erected to commemorate those who died in service or were killed in action in World War One.
The St George Hospital, known as the St George Soldiers Memorial Hospital, was officially opened by Mr M.J. Kirwan, M.L.A., Minister for Public Works on the 3rd February 1929.
The Brisbane Courier, 5th February 1929.
|Address:||1 Victoria Street, St George, 4487|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -28.027699|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 3rd February, 1929|
Plaque located in War Memorial Pavilion :
To the memory of the men of this District who lost their lives in the Great War 1914 - 1918.
This hospital has been dedicated by the residents of St George and District
[ Erected by the Returned Soldiers ]